8.25.2014

Blog Hop Monday!

Today I'm participating in a blog exchange. 
Thank you to the amazing Tracy English, whose incredible art you can see HERE I met Tracey through an online class and really enjoy her work. 

Part of the hop is answering a few questions about your work so here it goes:


What am I working on?
I’m just finished two drawings, one for a landscape show where I have my studio at Franklinton, Ohio at 400 West Rich. A home to many artists
For this piece 28 miles to Silence, I thought about Silence, and what that means. The idea of a man in a quiet landscape traveling, to get to a place called Silence intrigued me. Many times I think of a quirky idea and run with it. 




I’m also doing some signage for a local iconic deli of German Village, Ohio, Katzinger’s. 
Here’s few examples.

 




How does my work differ from other work of its genre?
I always loved to draw, and at a very young age was encouraged to express myself through drawing and to have fun. Sometimes my work is built around an idea, and how to translate the thought into a drawing. Quotes inspire me and I will draw many of my drawings with a quote in mind. My work feels like a natural extension to me. Art is so great every person can create and bring their own unique vision.

Here's a few drawings I did for They Draw and Cook





The Quinoa with figs and goat cheese is in They Draw and Cook latest book, "Let's Get Figgy.

Why do I create what i do?
It’s my love of creating and expressing myself. And it’s fun! Many times I draw food or nature. Lately, it’s starting to feel like fall, and I love Ohio so much. I wanted to draw Ohio’s state tree, the buckeye. I enjoy drawing people with a timeless quality to them. Here’s a lady and a lad. I imagine they will try and sell their buckeyes for necklaces at the next farmers market. This is my drawing in my black and white. I will be adding color to this and will post it again to my blog once I've colored it.




How does my creative process work?
Sometimes I sketch out in pencil, then use pen and ink. Many times I scan in the piece, the color it in photoshop. This one I did on blotter paper I colored the drawing with with magic marker. Color pops on blotter paper. 


I like how irregular the line becomes when I use pen and ink on blotter paper.

Other times I’m totally free form. Here's what I cut for our studio door open house Saturday. 




Next Monday I'm turning this over to Lisa Rydin Erickson. I'm a big fan of her work! She does paintings, IPAD drawings, illustration and more.  You can find her work HERE 


Thanks again Tracey and Lisa! Brooke 

No comments:

Post a Comment